Monday, June 1, 2009

Read it and Weep








Okay.
I am now commissioned by the D'Man to revise the latest installment from D'Mayor regarding the Grand Opening of the Lazy Mule. The Jack-Ass leading the Jack-Ass. ( draw your own conclusions).

Brought to my attention is that I should use this forum to get folks to "Come Together" and emphasize the "bouillabaisse" of our lovely spot on this planet.

Personally, I think we are all VERY aware of our differences and our commonalities...and not too surprising, we seem to all get along pretty good. There are some truths in this life that are impenetrable; and that is the innate goodness in us all, I don't care who you are, but the fact is, we DO care.

Sure, on occasion, somebody felt slighted, ignored, insulted...but more often we have experienced mutual respect and grace and have always responded to a neighbors cry for help, whether it be a cup of sugar, or "Hey, can I borrow your tractor?", or "Can you meet me at dawn in a thunder storm to help retrieve my stolen horse?", Or, "Ya Know, I don't feel so good, I think its the heat, can you check on me in a little while, I'm out here by myself".

Point is, when push comes to shove, these people out here in our lovely community CARE. And whether or not you feel put off or snubbed, all that goes away when it gets down to the "lick-log", as my Dear Husband would say.

That's what makes Chappell Hill such a wonderful place. Its the GRACE,the grace with which we all walk and express to each other. I mean, even the old man that totaled my car opened the door for me at the post office. It was his fault, but we walk with grace.

At the end of the day, we all put our pants on one leg at time, as my father would say...Unless, of course, you happen to be wearing a skirt with a bunch of smoke billowing under it.

Regards.


COPYRIGHT PENDING

No comments:

Post a Comment